More choice for you and your clients
Advisor Support Call 1-877-796-9090
Accidental Death Benefit
An Accidental Death Benefit may be added to any of our insurance plans. This benefit provides coverage up to the earlier of the expiry of the policy or the policy anniversary nearest the Insured’s 70th birthday, subject to the following limitations:
- Amount: minimum of the lesser of 1 times coverage and $10,000; maximum of the lesser of 5 times coverage and $250,000.
- Issue ages: 18-65
The Accidental Death Benefit is payable if death occurs directly and independently of all other causes, from bodily injury caused solely through external, violent and accidental means. Death must occur within 90 days after such injury and before termination of coverage.
This benefit has a number of exclusions including, but not limited to:
- Suicide, whether sane or insane,
- Assault or attempting to commit a criminal offense,
- Any drug, poison or gas, poison or infection, except under limited circumstances,
- Driving a vehicle while intoxicated by alcohol or illegal or unprescribed drugs.
Child Term Benefit
A Child Term Benefit may be added to any of our insurance plans except for Guaranteed Acceptance Life and Deferred Life, and provides $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000 of coverage on each natural or adopted child of the Insured as long as:
- The Insured parent is between 18 and 60 years old at issue.
- The child is unmarried and depends on the Insured for support.
- The child is at least 30 days old but less than 18 years old and is specifically designated in the insurance application, or the child is born or adopted after the effective date of the rider and is at least 30 days old but less than 18 years old.
There is no limit to the number of children that can be covered.
A covered child has term insurance on their life until the earliest of the following:
- The Insured Child’s 21st birthday or,
- The Child Term Benefit expiry date, being the earlier of the expiry of the policy and the policy anniversary nearest the Life Insured’s 65th birthday.
Hospital Cash Benefit
A Hospital Cash Benefit may be added to our Simplified Elite, Preferred and Preferred Elite plans, both Life and Term.
This benefit pays the benefit amount to the Insured if the Insured incurs a sickness or suffers an injury that requires them to be confined in a hospital as an inpatient for more than 24 hours. It is available in three different daily benefit amounts – $25, $50 and $100 per day. A benefit will only be paid for an injury if the hospitalization occurs within 30 days of the accident that caused the injury.
The daily benefit will be paid for the SAME sickness or injury for a maximum of 90 days. The daily benefit FOR THE DURATION OF THE BENEFIT, is payable for a maximum of 180 days.
The Hospital Cash Benefit is available at issue ages 18 to 65.
The daily benefit amount is doubled if the Insured incurs a sickness or suffers an injury that requires confinement in a hospital intensive care unit, as an inpatient, for more than 24 hours.
This benefit terminates on the earliest of the following:
- The date on which the contract terminates, for whatever reason
- The date on which the Hospital Cash rider terminates, for whatever reason
- The anniversary date nearest to the Insured’s 70th birthday
- The maximum benefit of 180 days has been reached.